Fiddlers Lane Community Primary School
Fiddlers Lane, Irlam, Manchester M44 6QE
TEL: 0161 921 1700
EMAIL: [email protected]


Special Educational Needs & Disabilities

The government introduced changes to the law around the way children and young people aged 0 to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities receive support.

Changes were gradually introduced up until April 2018 and there is more focus on personal goals, increased family involvement and improved rights and protections for young people in further education and training.

At Fiddlers Lane, our SENCO is Mrs Mansell.

We aim to provide every child with access to a broad and balanced education. This includes the National Curriculum in line with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.

To find out how we do this and what we offer, read our Local Offer for more information.

Admission procedures for all children including children with SEN or disabilities are managed through the local authority.


Salford’s ‘Local Offer’ for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities

If you have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities, visit You’ll find a huge range of information on things like health services, things to do, support and advice, travel and transport, getting involved and having your say and much more. Every council in the UK has a Local Offer to help you take more control over how your child’s needs are met, keep you informed and help you make the most of services and support in your area.​


Needing advice and guidance to support the language and communication for a Salford child?


Complaints relating to a child’s Special Educational Needs:

If your child has a special educational need and your complaint is with regards to the support that the school provides in relation to this, please communicate directly with the school SENCO – Mrs Mansell. If your concern or complaint is not resolved at this stage, please speak to the Headteacher.

If you are dissatisfied with the response provided by the SENCO or Headteacher, you should pursue the complaint in line with the school’s complaint policy (this can be found on the policy page of the website).